The site lies within a forestry plantation. It is a circular enclosure about 20m in diameter defined by a bank, ditch and counterscarp, generally 52m in overall diameter. Ruins within the enclosure are thought to be comparatively recent. They comprise a range measuring 16.5m (east-north-east by west-south-west) by 7.0m, and are depicted as ruinous on the local OS County series 25-inch map (Monmouth. XXV.7 1881).
Possibly associated with: Chepstow Park (Nprn307955).
OS record card ST49NE15.
RCAHMW air photos: 945064/66-7.