A mutilated circular mound, 41m in diameter and 1.5m high. Excavations in 1940 recorded Bronze Age funerary deposites within a stone kerb ring roughly 29m in diameter.
Roman material, including tile fragments, was found, presumably in a secondary context. This indicates the presence of substantial buildings, presumably associated with the Roman city of Caerwent/VENTA (NPRN 93753), whose walls rise some 1,300m to the west.
Source: H.N. Savory 1940 'A Middle Bronze Age Barrow at Crick', in Archaeologia Cambrensis 95, 169-91.
RCAHMW AP94-CS 0478