1. Former World War 2 Ordnance Factory, covering 1,400 acres (2.5km E-W by 3km N-S) and employing 13,000 workers. Served by an extensive internal railway system branching from the former Cambrian railways line between Ellesmere and Wrexham. Post war, the site was adapted for re-use as Wrexham Trading Estate, now Wrexham Industrial Estate.
Numerous pill boxes and other defensive structures stand around the site.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 29 August 2003.
2. A Royal Ordnance Factory operating throughout WWII, producing solventless cordite, which was an explosive propellant used in shells and rockets. Closed in 1945, the buildings remain intact but derelict.
G.M.Edwards, RCAHMW, 25/09/2003.