Sennybridge Camp; replaced earlier tented camp constructed at Llywel 4 miles west of Sennybridge, and was built from March 1940. Main camp to north of east-west minor public road constructed first, with second part of camp (stores buildings and workshops) then built to south, between minor road and A40 through Sennybridge village.
Designed to accomodate about 2000 soldiers. Originally titled 'RA Practice Camp', changed to 'All Arms Training Area' in early 1960s and to 'Sennybridge Training Area (SENTA) in October 1968. Now called Sennybridge ATFC (Army Field Training Centre - see NPRN 401496 for main firing range).
Remodelling of camp began in Autumn 2002, following Integrated Land Management Plan.
(The camp is famous for the 1940s murals in the cookhouse - NPRN 23191)
T Driver. 4/2/2004. Information from Ronald Church, 'Sennybridge Training Area 1940-1990', Cardiff.