The early seventeenth century dovecote located in the great park of Parciau (NPRN 86548) is an ornate tall square plan building of two storeys divided by a bold projecting string course. The walls are of roughly coursed stone rubble with finer dressings. Each wall rises to a gable topped by a finial and the roof is topped by an ornate classical cupola, again cross gabled with finials.
The columbarium is in the upper storey, reached by a stair in the thickness of the walls. It has a corbelled vault lit by the cupola.
The 2nd/3rd editions of the OS County series mapping (Anglesey VIII.13 1900, 1920) show the dovecote standing at the northern end of a regular oval scarped enclosure, about 35m north-south by 20m. The adjoining wood was Pigeon House Covert in 1920.
Sources: RCAHM Anglesey Inventory (1937), 62
NMR Site File
John Wiles 02.08.07