Historically important as an unaltererd example of a Victorian isolation hospital (built 1896), uniquely sited on a British Offshore Island. Single storey symmetrical block with gabled cross-wing to centre and end porches. Cement render on red brick, slate roofs with plain bargeboards, tiled crestings and three rear stacks (2 at eaves); ridge ventilators removed. Simple 4-window flanks to entrance gable with narrow lights and half-timbered porch; 2-light timber frames with top ventilators largely decayed. There is a laundry building nearby (nprn 31784).
(Source: Cadw Listings database)
S. Garfi, RCAHMW, 9/11/2006.