1. Terminal of aerial ropeway at mill; late 19th century; series of buddle pits. Mill constructed 1899.
2. The 3rd edition of the 25-inch O. S. map names this site as New Pandora Lead Works. Neither the 1st or 2nd editions (1889 and 1900) show any features at the site. Ore was brought from the New Pandora Lead Mine (previously the Willoughby or Welsh Foxdale Mine, NPRN 33784) along a tramway 2.8 kilometres long, to a point on the valley side above the works, where it was transferred to an aerial ropeway 200 metres long.
W J Crompton, RCAHMW, 9 June 2011.