MINERA LEAD MINES: HALVANS PROCESSING WORKS
Map Reference SJ25SE
Grid Reference SJ27085146
Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham
Old County Denbighshire
Type of Site LEAD WORKS
Broad Class Industrial
Period Post Medieval
Site Description Remains of a lead mine halvans plant, part of the Minera Lead Mines complex (nprn 33932). The Minera halvans plant was built by the Taylors mining company between 1872 and 1874 to extract lead ore from existing low grade waste (or 'halvans') heaps in the area. The plant included a beam engine, primary and secondary Cornish crushers, jigs, ore bin, boiler house and six buddles.
Source: Cadw scheduling description.