Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

LLANFIHANGEL RAILWAY STATION;LLANDRE RAILWAY STATION, CAMBRIAN COAST LINE

Site Details


NPRN 34683

Map Reference SN68NW

Grid Reference SN62558689

Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion

Old County Cardiganshire

Community Geneur Glyn

Type of Site RAILWAY STATION

Broad Class TRANSPORT

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Wayside station on the Aberystwyth and Welsh Coast Railway (Cambrian Railways from 1865 and now known as the Cambrian Coast Line) between Machynlleth and Aberystwyth; this section of line and the station opened in 1864. Llanfihangel Station was renamed Llandre in 1916 and closed in 1965 although a through single line is still in use. Only the platform and the main station building remain, the latter having been converted into a dwelling.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 01 October 1998.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites