Wayside station on the former Manchester & Milford Railway (nprn 91660) between Pencader Junction and Aberystwyth. This section of line and the station opened in 1866; Llanybyther station closed in 1965 although the line remained open for milk traffic until 1973. The site has been largely demolished and cleared and is used as a car park. The main station building and the adjacent goods shed survive in other uses; the former is a single-storey red-brick building with yellow-brick dressings, under a pitched slated roof and the latter a rubble-stone building under a pitched slated roof.
Photographs taken in 1974 in RCAHMW site file: CM/SN54SW/Industrial.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 10 May 2010.