LLANYBYTHER RAILWAY STATION, LLANYBYDDER
Map Reference SN54SW
Grid Reference SN52104406
Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire
Old County Carmarthenshire
Type of Site RAILWAY STATION
Broad Class Transport
Period Post Medieval
Site Description Wayside station on the former Manchester & Milford Railway (nprn 91660) between Pencader Junction and Aberystwyth. This section of line and the station opened in 1866; Llanybyther station closed in 1965 although the line remained open for milk traffic until 1973. The site has been largely demolished and cleared and is used as a car park. The main station building and the adjacent goods shed survive in other uses; the former is a single-storey red-brick building with yellow-brick dressings, under a pitched slated roof and the latter a rubble-stone building under a pitched slated roof.
Photographs taken in 1974 in RCAHMW site file: CM/SN54SW/Industrial.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 10 May 2010.