Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

DINGESTOW COURT

Site Details



NPRN 36810

Map Reference SO40NE

Grid Reference SO45060972

Unitary (Local) Authority Monmouthshire

Old County Monmouthshire

Community Mitchel Troy

Type of Site HOUSE

Broad Class DOMESTIC

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Dingestow Court is a c.1600 manor house of the Jones family, of which part of the gatehouse range survives; the main house was rebuilt by James Duberley in the late 18th century; the south front was added in 1845-6; slightly enlarged in 1859 by Prichard and Seddon (who also added the stables); gothic porch added c.1870, and single-storey east wing in 1877. Interior early 18th century staircase and panelling. Some interior remodelling in 1888 by Richard Creed. Still the home of the Bosanquet family.

Associated with:
Park/gardens (Nprn265992)
Stable court (Nprn43227)
Barn & cart shed (Nprn309597)
Storage sheds (Nprn309370)
Barns (Nprn309598).

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites