Site of Roman building, noted by Fenton (Tour through Pembroke. (1811), 333-4); building material & surface traces subsequently noted (St Joseph 1961 (JRS 51), 131); confirmed by geophysical survey & limited excavation 2003 (Merrony 2004 (J. Pemb. Hist. Soc. 13), 5-22): the villa evidently consisted of at least one stone-founded range, about 18.5m north-west to south-east by at least 7.5m, thought to have incorporated a bath suite: no indications of an enclosure about the villa were noted by the survey, although a rectangular enclosure complex to the east may have been associated with it. The site lies on a shelf of level ground on a north-facing hillside: its relationship with settlement enclosure roughly 100m to the west (Nprn305218) is uncertain.
A small archaeological investigation by the Dyfed Archaeological Trust was carried out in 2010 at the site to determine if it was necessary to place the area under statutory protection and to define an area for proposed scheduling. No evidence was found of a Roman villa within the area excavated, however any evidence may have been destroyed by agricultural activity or the actual site of the villa may be located outside of the area investigated. Geophysical surveys did reveal rectilinear field systems to the east of the area investigated which may be associated with Roman activity.
Archaeology in Wales 2010 50, 95.
See Driver, T. 2007. Pembrokeshire: Historic Landscapes from the Air. RCAHMW. Page 51.