Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

DRYSLWYN RAILWAY STATION;GORSAF DRYSLWYN, DRYSLWYN

Site Details



NPRN 401747

Map Reference SN51NE

Grid Reference SN5541019900

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Llanarthney

Type of Site RAILWAY

Broad Class TRANSPORT

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Dryslwyn Station lies on the former single-track railway line between Llandeilo and Abergwili Junction, opened by the Llanelly Railway and Dock Co. in 1864. Latterly having a single passenger platform on the north side of the line to the west of the road crosing, with a siding and small goods yard to the east of the road crossing, Dryslwyn station was opened in 1871; both the line and station closed in 1963. Various station buildings and the passenger platform survive, along with one of the level crossing gates. A plaque by the road reads: 'GORSAF RHEILFFORDD DRYSLLWYN 1864 - 1963 LLANELLY RLY & DOCK CO. CWCJR, LNWR, LMS, BR.'
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 28 October 2010.

Digital Images

Archive Records