Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

NEW RADNOR RAILWAY STATION

Site Details



NPRN 403018

Map Reference SO26SW

Grid Reference SO2164060430

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Radnorshire

Community New Radnor

Type of Site RAILWAY STATION

Broad Class TRANSPORT

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Terminal station of the former Kington & Eardisley Railway between Kington and New Radnor. This section of line and the station opened in 1875; New Radnor station and the line from Dolyhir closed in 1951. The single-storey station building (nprn 403016) and the goods shed (nprn 403017) to the west survive; the site is currently used as a caravan park.
Colonel M.H.Cobb, The Railways of Great Britain: A Historical Atlas, Ian Allan, second edition 2006.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 19 April 2011.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites