The monument comprises of five steps formed of large blocks of stone which support the large square base of the cross. The five steps have a total height of 1.7m and the lowest step is 4.3m square. The socket-stone has heavily broached top corners with a narrow moulded band and measures circa 1.0m square and 0.8m high. The cross shaft, which is modern, measures 0.4m square at the base. A tablet on the eastern side of the socket-stone records the restoration of the cross and the erection of the modern cross-shaft and head as a war memorial in 1921.
Source: National Archaeological Record card SO40NE/1