The remains of a static firing bay facility at the former Royal Naval Propellant Factory (now MoD), Caerwent. It was commissioned and built in 1959 to research and test the rocket booster engines (Gosling) used to power the Royal Navy's Sea Slug surface-to-air missiles. The testing and production of the rocket motors ceased, at this site, in 1966. Located at the northern edge of the factory site, the installation consists of the static firing bay, cubicle building, access road and concrete apron, together with the surrounding earthen bunds.
Source: Cadw scheduling description of February 2008