Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST LLEURWG'S CHURCH, HIRWAUN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 409951

Map Reference SN90NE

Grid Reference SN9582405642

Unitary (Local) Authority Rhondda, Cynon, Taff

Old County Glamorgan

Community Hirwaun

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St Lleurwg's Church is located on the south side of Station Road in the centre of Hirwaun. It was built in Lancet style in 1858 to designs first of architect Alexander Roos, who was responsible for the nave. The matching chancel was added by E.M.Bruce Vaughan in 1884. The south porch is of two storeys. Interior features include a marble pulpit and alabaster font of 1936, and windows decorated with stained glass.

Sources: J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.365.
www.parishofhirwaun.co.uk

RCAHMW, 22 December 2014

Digital Images

Archive Records