Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MILL BUILDING;TY FELIN, HILL FARM;MODEL FARM, GAER FAWR

Site Details


NPRN 412220

Map Reference ST49NW

Grid Reference ST44429874

Unitary (Local) Authority Monmouthshire

Old County Monmouthshire

Community Devauden

Type of Site CORN MILL

Broad Class AGRICULTURE AND SUBSISTENCE

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Ty Felin is a two-storey mill built of coursed red sandstone rubble with Welsh slate roof. It forms part of the early/mid nineteenth century model farm built for the Duke of Beaufort. It was then later part of the estate sold by the Duke of Beaufort in 1900 to Henry Simpson of Tredean and later to Sir Edward Curre of Itton Court. It was converted to domestic use in 1998-9. The yard side has two doors and two windows on the ground floor and four windows and a taking-in door above, with a variety of shapes and sizes. The cart shed has part glazed/part timber infill to the three elliptical arches and three rooflights above. The rear wall of the cart shed is blind. The mill has two doors and two windows to the ground floor and six windows above, all two-light two-plus-two casements in elliptical heads.
Source:- Cadw listed buildings,
N.J.Roberts, RCAHMW, 02/12/2010.