The now demolished (in 2001) Brynmawr Rubber Factory was an exceptionally fine example of 'Festival of Britain' period architecture. Built between 1945 and 1951, with later additions, the most impressive original feature was the multi-domed concrete roofing over the main first floor working area. It was the first post-1939 building in Wales to be listed, and was given a II* grading in recognition of its outstanding importance. The associated boiler house (NPRN 41230) stood nearby and to the south of the reservoir was a valve tower, both were designed in a similar style.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 21 January 1999.