Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BELLVUE PARK (Y PARCIAU), WREXHAM

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 412839

Map Reference SJ35SW

Grid Reference SJ3307450043

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Offa

Type of Site PUBLIC PARK

Broad Class RECREATIONAL, GARDENS PARKS AND URBAN SPACES

Period 20th Century, Modern

Site Description Bellevue Park is a large, primarily Edwardian public park that lies in the centre of Wrexham. Land for the park was acquired in March 1907 but the winner of the design competition, Erica by J. Cheal & Sons of Westminster, was not announced until July 1909 and a number of elements in the park were completed in the inter-war years. The bowling greens, laid out by Meesrs Strachan & Evans, Wrexham, at a cost of nearly £260 were formally opened by the Mayor of Wrexham on 30 May 1914. The pavilion, built by Miles Brothers of Rhosllanerchrugog, cost £320 and was opened in 1915.

Daryl Leeworthy, RCAHMW, 1 February 2011.

Digital Images

Archive Records