The St Arvan's Church Cross-Slab was discovered during the restoration of the church in the 1880's. Originally in two parts, the cross-slab was re-joined during restoration and is now displayed on a free-standing plinth .
Dated to the late tenth or early eleventh century, the cross-slab measures 0.91 meters in height, 0.44 meters in width and 0.15 meters in depth. It is decorated on all sides in low relief with plain edge-moulding. The principal face features a Lating ring-cross with square arms and small circular arm-pits set above a central shaft of plaitwork with a vertical series of four panels depicting flying , robed figures to each side. The reverse side also has a Lating ring cross and vertical panels of interlace each side.
Source: Cadw scheduling description of March 2011
NAR card ST59NW/36