TALSARN HALT, LAMPETER ABERAYRON & NEW QUAY LIGHT RAILWAY

Site Details



NPRN
41350
Map Reference
SN55SW
Grid Reference
SN54265484
Unitary (Local) Authority
Ceredigion
Old County
Cardiganshire
Community
Llanfihangel Ystrad
Type of Site
RAILWAY HALT
Broad Class
Transport
Period
Modern;20th Century

Site Description

Talsarn Halt was on the former Lampeter, Aberayron & New Quay Light Railway (nprn 419330) between Aberayron Junction and Aberaeron. The railway and halt opened in 1911 and both closed to passengers in 1951, although this section of line remained open for milk traffic until 1973.
(Source: Colonel M.H.Cobb, The Railways of Great Britain: A Historical Atlas, Ian Allan, second edition 2006)
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 09 September 2013.

    Share this page: -