TALSARN HALT, LAMPETER ABERAYRON & NEW QUAY LIGHT RAILWAY
Map Reference SN55SW
Grid Reference SN54265484
Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion
Old County Cardiganshire
Community Llanfihangel Ystrad
Type of Site RAILWAY HALT
Broad Class Transport
Site Description Talsarn Halt was on the former Lampeter, Aberayron & New Quay Light Railway (nprn 419330) between Aberayron Junction and Aberaeron. The railway and halt opened in 1911 and both closed to passengers in 1951, although this section of line remained open for milk traffic until 1973.
(Source: Colonel M.H.Cobb, The Railways of Great Britain: A Historical Atlas, Ian Allan, second edition 2006)
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 09 September 2013.