Wayside station on the former Manchester & Milford Railway (nprn 91660) between Pencader Junction and Aberystwyth. This section of line opened in 1866 and the station in 1871. Pont Llanio Station closed in February 1965 although the line remained open south of this point for milk traffic from the adjacent milk factory (nprn 91430) until September 1970. The station had a single platform and building on the up side; the platform, small goods shed in the former yard and a cast-iron water tank adjacent to the road bridge still survive, as does the closed and derelict milk factory, but all else has been demolished and cleared.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 08 June 1999.