YSTRAD (CARDIGAN) STATION;FELIN FACH STATION, LAMPETER ABERAYRON & NEW QUAY LIGHT RAILWAY
Map Reference SN55NW
Grid Reference SN52715612
Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion
Old County Cardiganshire
Community Llanfihangel Ystrad
Type of Site RAILWAY STATION
Broad Class TRANSPORT
Period 20th Century, Modern
Site Description Ystrad (Cardigan) Station, renamed Felin Fach in 1913, was on the former Lampeter, Aberayron & New Quay Light Railway (nprn 419330) between Aberayron Junction and Aberaeron. The railway and halt opened in 1911 and both closed to passengers in 1951, although this section of line remained open for milk traffic until 1973.
(Source: Colonel M.H.Cobb, The Railways of Great Britain: A Historical Atlas, Ian Allan, second edition 2006)
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 09 September 2013.