ST MICHAELS CHURCH, LLEDROD
Map Reference SN67SW
Grid Reference SN6456370181
Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion
Old County Cardiganshire
Type of Site CHURCH
Broad Class Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Period 19th Century
Site Description The parish church of St Michaels is located within a sub-rectangular churchyard used as a cemetery on the south side of Lledrod village. It was built in 1826-7 to designs of Edward Lumley of Aberystwyth, as a single vessel with east bellcote, constructed of rubble stone and slate roof, and paler windows in plate tracery. It was remodelled in 1884 by Archibald Richie who added a hipped west end porch and vestry. In the porch is a small. plain square medieval font. Stained glass in the east window is by Sylvester Sparrow (1902). In the churchyard is a tiny former school of 1850.
Google Street View, August 2011.
T.Lloyd, J.Orbach & R.Scourfield, Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (2006), p.542.
David Leighton, RCAHMW, 16 July 2015