Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

LYCH GATE AND NORTH GATE, ST DINGAT'S CHURCH, LLANDOVERY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 418232

Map Reference SN73SE

Grid Reference SN7640434113

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Llandovery

Type of Site LYCH GATE

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Modern, Post Medieval

Site Description The lych gate and north gate at St Dingat's Church (NPRN 104065) are Grade II listed. The wrought iron north gate is a 'kissing gate' dating from the earlier nineteenth century. The adjoining lych gate was donated by C. Bishop of Cwm Rhuddan in 1918, to commemorate 50 years of marriage. It is constructed of crazed red rubblestone with ashlar dressings, with a slate roof and double timber gates. Inside are four sandstone bench seats.

Sources include:
Cadw, Listed Buildings Database

N Vousden, RCAHMW, 15 January 2013

Associated Sites