Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

DOLYHIR RAILWAY STATION

Site Details



NPRN 418317

Map Reference SO25NW

Grid Reference SO2438058160

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Radnorshire

Community Old Radnor

Type of Site RAILWAY STATION

Broad Class TRANSPORT

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Wayside station on the former Kington & Eardisley Railway between Kington and New Radnor. This section of line and the station opened in 1875; Dolyhir station and the line westwards to New Radnor closed in 1951 and the line to the east in 1958. The single-storey station building survives in the centre of Dolyhir Quarries, a large limestone and gritstone quarrying complex (nprn 85088).
Colonel M.H.Cobb, The Railways of Great Britain: A Historical Atlas, Ian Allan, second edition 2006.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 24 January 2013.