Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TREGARTH RAILWAY STATION

Site Details



NPRN 419476

Map Reference SH66NW

Grid Reference SH6025768023

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Pentir

Type of Site RAILWAY STATION

Broad Class TRANSPORT

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Tregarth station was situated on the single-track Bethesda branch of the London and North Western Railway. The station opened in 1884. The railway closed to passengers in 1951, and closed completely in 1963. The station has been demolished, with only a short section of the platform’s west end remaining.

Sources include:
www.disused-stations.org.uk

N Vousden, RCAHMW, 18 October 2013

Archive Records