Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MARK'S CHURCH, FRONGOCH

Site Details



NPRN 420505

Map Reference SH93NW

Grid Reference SH90173933

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Llandderfel

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description The site of St Mark's church lies on the A4212 at Frongoch. The church was built in the Early English style to designs of M.Penson of Chester. The plan comprised chancel and nave, north vestry and south porch, with western bell gable. It was consecrated on 19 August 1858. In 1909 it was restored. The church has since been demolished.
Historical source: D.R.Thomas, History of the Diocese of St Asaph vol.3 (1913), p.95.

David Leighton, RCAHMW, 16 October 2014