Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST DAVID'S CHURCH, GARNDOLBENMAEN

Site Details



NPRN 420595

Map Reference SH44SE

Grid Reference SH4993443921

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Dolbenmaen

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St David's church was located on the southern edge of the village, to the east of the minor road approaching it from the south. It was established in 1898-1900 but has now been deconsecrated and converted into accommodation known as 'Hen Eglwys'.
Map depiction (Ordnance Survey second edition 1900) shows the church to have a simple rectangular lay-out with continuous nave and chancel and with a porch on the west end of the south lateral wall.

David Leighton, RCAHMW, 7 November 2014