Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST JAMES'S CHURCH, PRION

Site Details



NPRN 420601

Map Reference SJ06SW

Grid Reference SJ0470061840

Unitary (Local) Authority Denbighshire

Old County Denbighshire

Community Llanrhaeadr-yng-nghinmeirch

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St James's church is located in the hamlet of Pant Pastynog, set above the road in a rectangular walled churchyard. It was built in 1859 to designs of R.Lloyd Williams, architect. It is a small country church, with lancets, and a nave, chancel, gabled south porch, and west bellcote. The church closed in 2008 and is now redundant; it is possibly now converted to a dwelling.

Sources: E.Hubbard, Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (1986), p.264
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37555766.html

David Leighton, RCAHMW, 14 November 2014