Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

STANNER RAILWAY STATION

Site Details



NPRN 43062

Map Reference SO25NE

Grid Reference SO26145822

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Radnorshire

Community Old Radnor

Type of Site RAILWAY STATION

Broad Class TRANSPORT

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Wayside station on the former Kington & Eardisley Railway between Kington and New Radnor. This section of line and the station opened in 1875; Stanner station closed in 1951 and the line in 1958. The single-storey station building and the goods platform to the north survive and a gatepost made from a section of Barlow rail stands to the west of the building.
Colonel M.H.Cobb, The Railways of Great Britain: A Historical Atlas, Ian Allan, second edition 2006.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 19 April 2011.

Digital Images

Archive Records