The Llanfihangel Court Stables are a great rarity, a formal stable block dating from 1630-40 and largely unaltered. Built with rough red sandstone walls with a red brick elevation there are three large two light mullion and transom windows, which are probably twentieth century reproductions of originals. The central lobby has a nineteenth century tack room behind. The remarkable roof is almost entirely original and incorporates a single space hayloft and granary. The principals appear to be re-used cruck blades with the feet cut off.
J Hill, RCAHMW, 17 September 2003