ST RHYDDLAD'S CHURCH, LLANRHYDDLAD, ANGLESEY
Map Reference SH38NW
Grid Reference SH3059489551
Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey
Old County Anglesey
Type of Site CHURCH
Broad Class Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Period 19th Century
Site Description St Rhyddlad's church is located on a minor road two miles west of the village, towards the coastline, in a sub-rectangular churchyard used (and recently extended) as a cemetery. It is a nineteenth-century church on a more ancient site - but in a new position - and was built in 1858 to designs of architect Henry Kennedy. It is constructed of local stone with limestone dressings, and a slate roof. It consists of nave with narrower chancel, and a south-west porch-tower with stone broached spire. Both chancel and nave are lit through Y-traceried windows in hard limestone. Inside is a cylindrical medieval font, and stained glass (in the east window) by Forrest & Bromley of Liverpool.
R.Haslam, J.Orbach & Adam Voelcker, Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (2009), p.191.
Google Street View, October 2010.
RCAHMW, 22 January 2016