Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST TYSILIO'S CHURCH

Site Details



NPRN 43650

Map Reference SH57SE

Grid Reference SH55137168

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Menai Bridge

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Medieval

Site Description The structure of the heavily modernised St Tysilio's Church probably has early fifteenth century origins. It has a continuous nave and chancel and although many of the original features have been replaced, the east window is a reproduction of the original and retains the original moulded label remains. There are also medieval trusses in the roof.

Source: Anglesey Inventory, 1937 [1960 reprint], p. 52

J Hill, RCAHMW, 9 February 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records