Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST

Site Details



NPRN 43758

Map Reference SH55NW

Grid Reference SH5252859190

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Waunfawr

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St John's church is located on the west side of the A4085. It was built in 1880 to designs of Henry Kennedy, architect, of Bangor. Regarded as 'one of his dreariest churches' it comprises nave and chancel in one, north vestry, and glazed timber north porch. Architectural details include Early English paired lancets and simple plate tracery to the east window. The interior is inaccessible and disused.
Source: Haslam et al., Buildings of Wales (2009), p.532.

RCAHMW, 18 November 2014