Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST PEDROGS CHURCH

Site Details



NPRN 43802

Map Reference SH33SW

Grid Reference SH3294231553

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Llanbedrog

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval, Medieval

Site Description The church consists of a probably thirteenth-century nave with sixteenth-century chancel, separated internally by an early sixteenth-century screen. The tower with the belfry and porch was added in 1895. The church is built mainly of uncoursed rubble with a modern roof. The church was repaired in 1827 and restored in 1865. All of the windows and the south doorway have been replaced or enlarged.

(Source: An Inventory of the Ancient Monuments in Caernarvonshire, Vol. III (RCAHMW: 1964)
A.N.Coward 06.03.2018

Digital Images

Archive Records