Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MARY'S CHURCH, RHOSLEFAIN

Site Details



NPRN 43889

Map Reference SH50NE

Grid Reference SH5761105650

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Llangelynin

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description St Mary's Church dates to 1870, and is situated at the southern end of Rhoslefain. Its churchyard is rectilinear, and is bounded by the road on its south-east side.

The building is constructed of dressed stone and slate. It consists of a canopied entrance, main assembly room and vestry. Measurements of the main assembly room are given as 29’4” x 15’. Measurements of the vestry are given as 12’ x 7’9”. There is a large stained glass window in the south elevation, exposed beams and a pitched ceiling. The church building is now reduntant.

N Vousden, RCAHMW, 9 July 2012

Archive Records