Late-C18? 2-storey house of stone, facing S., with left of centre front entry into a screened lobby, with full-depth screen separating the E. "Kitchen" from W. "Parlour"; E. and W. gable fireplaces; N. lean-to scullery wing under catslide roof. "1784" on attached modern plaque. A partly converted outbuilding range is attached on E.; lower eaves and ridge. A late-C19 or early-C20 4-pane sash window with horns, plus slate cills and timber lintels, to each side of late-C19 gabled porch with slate "block" walls, slate roof and 3 slate steps to C19 and moulded 4-panel door. 2 small and openable 9-pane casements at 1st floor. Cemented slate roof, to both front pitch and rear catslide; large E. gable stack.
Interior: former "Kitchen" (present living room) has 6 ceilng joists, including joist above E. fireplace bressumer. Planked door to rear "Scullery" and in timber screen between "Parlour" and "Kitchen". In "Scullery", SW. and W. slate slab shelves, with brick bath, formerly ?for killing pig, on SW. shelf.
Upstairs: wooden-boarded floor; low whitewashed walls with window cills just above floor level; sloping ceiling made up of 4 lapped and "A"-frame collar trusses, boarded and papered in between. Large and stepped E. chimney breast; C19 low stick balustrade at top of wood stairs. Matchboarded partition between main and W. bedroom with 5-plank door with strap hinges.
Whitewashed outbuilding range on E., with corrugated roof; C20 window and door in front wall and further small window on E., by massive stone block post (formerly beudy or stable?). Vehicular doors (to former carthouse?) at E. end. Small SW. lean-to addition at front.
OMJ. 8/94 & 29/4/96. Visited 18/8/94. RCAHM(W) Investigator photos: 9400191/3-4, 6-9, 11, 14, 16-21; 9400232/36 & 36.