Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TY NANT MISSION CHURCH;TY NANT SCHOOL, GELLILYDAN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 54641

Map Reference SH63NE

Grid Reference SH6917539545

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Maentwrog

Type of Site CHURCH, SCHOOL

Broad Class EDUCATION, RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ty nant Mission Church is situated adjacent to the junction of the A487 and A470. The building began as a school and is shown as such on historic (1889-1953) Ordnance Survey mapping. Stone-built with a slate roof, the main body of the building has three leaded three-light windows on its north-east elevation. At the north-west end is a lower extension with a two-light leaded window in the end and a bell-cote on the gable end. On the north-east side is a porch with an arch-braced frame, decorative bargeboard and cruciform finial. The building has now been converted to a dwelling.

Sources include:
Ordnance Survey, 1889, first edition 25inch
Ordnance Survey, 1904, second edition 25inch
Ordnance Survey, 1953, fourth edition 6inch

RCAHMW, 28 June 2012

Archive Records