Map Reference SM90SE
Grid Reference SM9793701463
Unitary (Local) Authority Pembrokeshire
Old County Pembrokeshire
Type of Site PRIORY
Broad Class Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Site Description A Benedictine Priory founded c.1098 and disolved in 1539. The remains consist of: the Priory church (Nprn300439), now the parish church; Priory Farmhouse (Nprn30096), a late medieval fortified 1st floor hall or tower; Monkton Old Hall, possibly a guesthouse and gatehouse (Nprn22328); the remains of medieval priory buildings incorporated into later farm outbuildings (Nprn22624); a dovecote, possibly converted from a windmill (Nprn22623), c.400m to the NW, possibly in the area of a medieval park; a wellhouse or conduit house (Nprn305274), c.600m to the SW. There is also a medieval churchyard cross (Dat Prn3276).
(source Os495card; SM90SE15)