Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CAPEL HEOL-Y-DWR WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, WATER STREET, CARMARTHEN

Site Details



NPRN 6245

Map Reference SN42SW

Grid Reference SN4088620135

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Carmarthen

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Water Street Methodist Chapel was built in 1771 and rebuilt in 1813. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1831 in the Sub-Classical style with a long-wall entry plan. The chapel was then refurbished in 1891 and in 1922, the later by architect J. H. Morgan of Carmarthen, including a new stucco front, new ceiling & substantial organ projection added to the centre of the front facade. The chapel is Grade 2 listed.

RCAHMW, June 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites