Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

WILLIAMS PANTYCELYN MEMORIAL CHAPEL, ENGLISH PRESBYTERIAN AND CALVINISTIC METHODIST, LLANDOVERY

Site Details



NPRN 6369

Map Reference SN73SE

Grid Reference SN7690134389

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Llandovery

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The William Williams Pantycelyn Memorial Chapel was built 1886 by architect J. H. Phillips of Cardiff, and was the first place of Welsh Calvinistic worship where works of art, such as the stained glass windows and carved Caen-stone pulpit, were admitted. The Chapel was built in the Gothic and Romanesque style of the gable entry type and has prominent flanking towers.

RCAHMW, June 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records