Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CAPEL-Y-GRAIG WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, CWMBACH;GRAIG

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6595

Map Reference SN22NE

Grid Reference SN2537725875

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Llanwinio

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Capel-Y-Graig Welsh Calvinist Methodist Chapel was first built in 1765, and enlarged in 1774, before being rebuilt in 1808 and 1828. It is in the Simple Round-Headed Style, with a coursed rubble facade, rendered on all other elevations; it is of the long-wall entry type. The front elevation of the chapel has two large round-headed arched sash windows, flanked by two double panelled doors with fanlights over, above which are two small arch-headed sash windows. The hipped roof above is of slate with ridge tiles. To the left of the chapel is a lean-to vestry, which is entered via a plain wooden door atop an external staircase.
Inside, the chapel has a wood-panelled gallery around three sides. Below are three banks of bow pews, and wooden pulpit reached by quarter-turning stairs to either side.

Source: RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, RCAHMW, 16 February 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records