Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

RHYDYBONT WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, RHYDYBONT, LLANYBYDDER

Site Details



NPRN 6600

Map Reference SN54SW

Grid Reference SN53374366

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Llanybydder

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 18th Century, 20th Century, 19th Century

Site Description Rhydybont Chapel was built in 1778 and rebuilt in 1829. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1911 to the design of architect Sir William Beddoe Rees of Cardiff. The present chapel, dated 1911, is built in the Gothic style of the gable entry type. In 2015 it was still in use as a chapel.

RCAHMW, October 2015

Archive Records