Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ABERDUAR WELSH BAPTIST CHURCH, LLANYBYDDER;ABERDYAR

Site Details



NPRN 6601

Map Reference SN54SW

Grid Reference SN52604385

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Llanybydder

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century, 18th Century

Site Description Aberduar Baptist Church was built in 1742 and later rebbuilt in 1761 and 1834. The chapel was later refurbished in 1881 and enlarged/rebuilt in 1892 to the design of architect David Davies of Llanybyther. The present chapel, dated 1892, was built in the Simple Round-Headed style of the gable entry type. A prominent feature of this chapel is the large arch in the facade. In 2015 this was still in use as a chapel.

RCAHMW, October 2015

Digital Images

Archive Records