Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ESGAIR-NANT WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, ESGAIRNANT;ESGAIRNANT

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6659

Map Reference SN63SW

Grid Reference SN64393214

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Talley

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The first Esgair-Nant Methodist Chapel was built in 1806 and rebuilt/enlarged in 1828. In 1899 the chapel was refurbished under the supervision of carpnter John Williams of Llanfynydd and architect David Jenkins of Llandeilo. The present chapel, dated 1828, is built in the Simple Round-Headed style with a long-wall entrance. The building is now Grade 2 listed.

RCAHMW, August 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records