Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PENUEL WELSH BAPTIST CHURCH, GARTH ROAD, BANGOR

Site Details



NPRN 6702

Map Reference SH57SE

Grid Reference SH5820672388

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Bangor

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Penuel Baptist Chapel was built in 1814 by architect William Jones. The chapel was rebuilt in 1865 and again in 1909. The present chapel, rebuilt after the original was demolished in 1949 for a road widening scheme, is dated c.1950, and built in the Simple Round-Headed style of the long-wall entry type.

RCAHMW, September 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records